Treating your skin in the best way starts with some fundamental basics – and our experts are here to give them to you!
– Don’t ignore exfoliation. The perception that exfoliating causes irritation and redness is true, but when used incorrectly! Use a gentle scrub or an acid peel once a week to get rid of any dead skin cells blocking pores and reveal a brighter complexion.
– Don’t over do it. It might be tempting to slather on a thick moisturiser during the winter months but this won’t reach further down the layers of your skin. Instead try a hydrating serum such as our Hyaluronic 554 Youth Serum, which is packed full of hydration and is able to penetrate further into the skin.
– Don’t touch your face too often. Bacteria picked up from your hands are then transferred onto your face and can cause breakouts and blocked pores.
– Don’t use too harsh ingredients. Your skin is very delicate and battles against pollution, sun damage and environmental factors each day, so avoid using harsh toners and chemicals that can strip the skin.
– Don’t cleanse with hot water. Your skin produces natural oils which help to keep the skin balanced and happy and by cleansing with hot water, you’re stripping the skin of these oils and causing irritation and redness.
– Do cleanse twice a day. Once in the morning to refresh the skin and remove an oils built up over night and once again in the evening to remove makeup and any impurities that can block pores and dull your complexion.
– Do apply eye cream everyday. The area around the eyes have the thinnest layers so need extra protection every day.
– Do check the expiration dates. Keeping skincare for too long not only limits the effectiveness of the product, but can also damage your skin and cause worst concerns. Check the date or Period After Opening.
– Do use SPF everyday. Sun damage can be totally unnoticeable if you’re not careful, even on cloudy days the sun’s rays can still penetrate your skin. Apply a separate SPF to your face each day after applying moisturiser for sun protection.
– Choose which is right for you. We all have different skin types and not what someone recommends is going to work out for you, trial and error and you’ll soon learn which ingredients and products compliment your skin the best.